Sunday, January 20, 2013

Will Windows 7 have less errors than Windows Vista when trying to install older games?

Q. I have a computer running Windows Vista and I keep running into errors and issues when installing my games for Windows 98 or Windows 95. Would upgrading to Windows 7 take care of some of those issues and errors with the old computer games?

A.

What games are available for me to play that is compatible with Windows Vista. I keep getting a error msg?
Q. I keep getting this message that this game is unfortunately not compatible with Windows Vista. I only want to play the web game.

A. I have had Vista Premium or a few months now and have no problems playing any game, or doing anything with Vista. If you are having issues with some games, it's likely that they are very old and have not been updatd for Vista. You may be able to search for a patch for the games, or more easily, just use an XP computer to play older games. Keep in mind that Vista is a top end operating system and relly meant to run the most modern of software. Some things simply will not work with Vista that are not intended for high end PC's.

I validated my Windows Vista-software, yet a message keeps repeating that it isn't genuine?
Q. I validated my Windows Vista-software, yet the error ''This copy of Microsoft Windows is not genuine'' keeps appearing still. What should I do?

A. If you're sure its real,the only thing i can think that causes problems with WGA is when the date and/or time is incorrect. That will kick it out every time.

How do I install MS Office 2003 on Windows Vista?
Q. I tried installing MS Office 2003 on my laptop which has Windows Vista, but I got an error message saying something along the lines of that it's not compatible. But it also said something about how there is a way it can be compatible, but it didn't say what the way is.... How can I get it to install?

A. MS KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929427/en-us
Looks like some components of Office 2003 are the issue.

You need the latest Vista Service pack: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791/



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment