Wednesday, January 23, 2013

How do you fix Windows Vista Internet connection?

Q. Okay here's the deal. My laptop's internet connection has been acting stupid lately. It says that it cannot find any networks when all the other computers in the house are finding networks. I tried to fix this using the Command Prompt but it didn't work :/. I have the Windows Vista program if that helps. Can someone please help me?

Thanks

A. I have had experience with VISTA (I manage over 300 PCs!) and it can be a bugger sometimes. What I found was that the easiest fix was to download the latest drivers for your network card and install them. That usually fixes the problem - since for some reason the drivers become corrupted but do see to work as in show up ok but not connecting properly.

If you want to know how to check what network card you have then let me know. If your PC is a branded one you can just go to their website and download the correct drivers.

where can i download windows vista on a disk for free?
Q. my files on my laptop have been corrupted and i have to re-download windows vista to fix it, unfortunately i no longer have the disk that came with it..so where can I download a copy for free?

A. You can't. It's not free. You have to buy it just like the rest of us.

How to fix Java / windows Vista / internet explorer when it used to work?
Q. Recently I cannot load pogo games with windows vista and I used to before. I go to JAVA / advanced / browsers and internet expolorer is checked, but not bold like the other options checked. When I load the Java gomes it says can not load.

A. If you are using Internet Explorer in Windows Vista then install FirFox Mozilla Web Browser in your computer and then take a try.

What's the difference between windows vista 32 bit and windows vista 64 bit. Which is better?
Q. What's the difference between windows vista 32 bit and windows vista 64 bit. Which is better? Also why would they rellease the 64bit version knowing that a lot of applications aren't compatable with the 64bit. Also drivers as well can not be downloaded for the 64bit because it isn't compatable yet. When will this be fixed? It just doesn't make since they would allow the 64 bit to come out with all of these conflicts with other applications,drivers, etc....?

A. Windows Vista 64 bit is designed to run on 64 bit hardware. With 32 bit hardware you can only have 4GB (actually 3.3GB) of RAM whereas with 64 bit you can have 128GB of RAM. This should help you just a little. Others will finish this for you.

wdw



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment