Monday, January 21, 2013

How do I run a file as Administrator while using Windows XP Professional Corporate, using SP3?

Q. My friend's Aion doesn't work properly, and we're trying to figure out how to run it as Administrator; running NCSoft as Administrator in Windows Vista fixed the same issue. How do I "Run as Administrator?" for Windows XP Professional Corporate?

A. Be signed into the administrator's screen name. All actions done while logged in as an administrator gives administrative rights to the executable. That is one of the main reasons viruses are able to so easily propagate on XP, and prior.

What Drivers would i have to fix or install if i installed windows vista on my acer aspire one?
Q. dont tell me if i should or should not install windows vista....<----thats not my question. i just want to know what drivers i have to install or fix? and will my wifi work because most ppl who installed windows vista on their acer aspire one had problems with the wireless internet connection.

A. I would dare say that they would have more problems than just the wireless... for one thing, the acer aspire one (which I have one of my own) does not have resources enough to run Vista reliably, system requirements for Vista are a MINIMUM of 2GB ram and the one maxes out at only 1.5GB. The unreliability of Vista running with the choked 1.5GB would be nerve wracking at best. I have a dual boot with Ubuntu netbook remix 9.04 and love it...its even much faster than XP, and no need for the anti-virus either, which is a major help freeing up system resources. UNR works 100% with the aspire one, straight out of the box.

How can I fix the wireless problem on my window vista HP laptop?
Q. My wireless has completely disappeared , and it can't no longer connect to my wireless network, i have a HP Pavilion dv2000 which is running windows vista , any suggestions on how to fix it , thank you

A. format and put windows 7.

How do you fix Windows Vista Internet connection?
Q. Okay here's the deal. My laptop's internet connection has been acting stupid lately. It says that it cannot find any networks when all the other computers in the house are finding networks. I tried to fix this using the Command Prompt but it didn't work :/. I have the Windows Vista program if that helps. Can someone please help me?

Thanks

A. I have had experience with VISTA (I manage over 300 PCs!) and it can be a bugger sometimes. What I found was that the easiest fix was to download the latest drivers for your network card and install them. That usually fixes the problem - since for some reason the drivers become corrupted but do see to work as in show up ok but not connecting properly.

If you want to know how to check what network card you have then let me know. If your PC is a branded one you can just go to their website and download the correct drivers.



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment