Friday, January 18, 2013

Can I reload Windows Vista on my laptop?

Q. I have taken my laptop to the shop and the internet is still running slow. It is the only thing on my laptop that is running slow. I connected my modem to another laptop and it was fine. What can I do to fix this issue? I'm thinking that there is some sort of virus within the Internet itself on that laptop. Will reloading Windows Vista fix this and will it take up my memory?

A. It probably won't make a difference and shouldn't be necessary, next time you're connected, right click on the network connection icon that is on your taskbar and select "diagnose and repair", if it recommends some things to do, try one. If it doesn't seem to change anything run "diagnose and repair" again and try something else.

also open Windows Update and check for updates, install the important ones and look at the recommended ones to see if there is anything possibly related to your problem.

How do I run a file as Administrator while using Windows XP Professional Corporate, using SP3?
Q. My friend's Aion doesn't work properly, and we're trying to figure out how to run it as Administrator; running NCSoft as Administrator in Windows Vista fixed the same issue. How do I "Run as Administrator?" for Windows XP Professional Corporate?

A. Be signed into the administrator's screen name. All actions done while logged in as an administrator gives administrative rights to the executable. That is one of the main reasons viruses are able to so easily propagate on XP, and prior.

How do I stop Windows Vista from closing ALL windows when I close any one window?
Q. I want to close one window, I do so yet Windows Vista insists on fixing IE when there is no problem hense closing all windows. Please tell me how to resolve this common and annoying problem.

A. Reboot the computer
and also
can you guys answer this question
its very important to me
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AgQ3TZD_nEP12D_ecdvtepzsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20080531022247AARItp0

What Drivers would i have to fix or install if i installed windows vista on my acer aspire one?
Q. dont tell me if i should or should not install windows vista....<----thats not my question. i just want to know what drivers i have to install or fix? and will my wifi work because most ppl who installed windows vista on their acer aspire one had problems with the wireless internet connection.

A. I would dare say that they would have more problems than just the wireless... for one thing, the acer aspire one (which I have one of my own) does not have resources enough to run Vista reliably, system requirements for Vista are a MINIMUM of 2GB ram and the one maxes out at only 1.5GB. The unreliability of Vista running with the choked 1.5GB would be nerve wracking at best. I have a dual boot with Ubuntu netbook remix 9.04 and love it...its even much faster than XP, and no need for the anti-virus either, which is a major help freeing up system resources. UNR works 100% with the aspire one, straight out of the box.



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment