Monday, January 21, 2013

What is the difference between windows vista and Microsoft windows vista?

Q. When i start my computer i am asked which i want to start it under windows vista or microsoft windows vista. I choose windows vista which is the better one. What is the other one and how do i get rid of it.

A. Well, since Microsoft makes Vista, Windows Vista or whatever you want to call it......ya got us on that one.

Why is Windows Vista lying to me about the Internet?
Q. I'm on Windows Vista, and I'm having some extremely annoying problems with the Internet. If I stop using the Internet for a few minutes it will completely disconnect and say I'm still connected. I've looked at the connection settings and everything seems right, but when I try to go to any web page it won't work. The only solution I've found is to unplug the Ethernet cable and plug it back in, and it only works occasionally. Any ideas?

A. Windows Vista is a just a big fat liar.


Sitting on a telephone wire.


With his pants on fire.


Yah.

What is the best book to help me learn Windows Vista?
Q. I have recently bought a new computer, windows Vista, and now am trying to learn things. Im not computer illterate, but Im not computer savy either. I need a book, where things are explained well, and SIMPLE, but not something for dummies, I do know the basics. I see that amazon has several, and am just curious what is the best, most understanding book out there to help me with all the things vista can offer to someone who understands how to use it.

A. http://windows-vista-basics.classes.cnet.com/ then you can walkthrough all the courses with ease. Im not computer illterate at all but it still taught me a few things.as for books i dont know if any have been published.

What are some ways in which I can tweak and customize Windows Vista Premium?
Q. On my laptop, I am currently running Windows Vista Premium (64-bit). My laptop has 4gb of ram and a 2.5Ghz Centrino Processor. How can I customize Vista so that it runs faster and doesn't hog up system resources for no good reason. I already set Vista up so that it does not keep program drivers loaded in my ram. What else can I do?

A. You can use the provided stock system utilities to tweak Windows Vista to an extent. These can be found in Control Panel under the Orb start menu and in the "Accessories" bar inside the Orb start menu. If you really want to customize Vista however, here are some 3rd party programs you can use to "tweak" Vista to your liking:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.

http://www.stardock.com/Mycolors/downloads.asp

Stardock MyColors allows you to choose and install custom themes for Windows Vista. Themes to use can be found at Stardock's website.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.

http://unlockforus.blogspot.com/2007/11/winbubbles-features-gap.html

WinBubble is essentially a free "TweakUI" replacement made for Windows Vista. This program allows you to fine-tune the more hidden aspects of the operating system, such as activating extra hidden menu animations, changing your computer and registration info, and a whole lot more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=474

I know it's not a program, however this article tells you additional ways to tweak Vista and get the most out of it performance-wise. Some things this article goes over are how to fine-tune Windows Explorer to your liking and shortcuts you can use to help navigate the OS faster. Basically, it provides you with good-to-know information for using Windows Vista.



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment