Monday, January 28, 2013

How do I re-format a laptop with ubuntu back to win vista ?

Q. by acident i deleted the win partition during the intalation of ubuntu i can open the exe file in the win vista cd for some reson?

A. You will have to use a set of system recovery CD.'s ordered from manufacturer by model and serial number to re install Vista.

How can make wireless lan in win vista ?
Q. How can make wireless lan in win vista (home basic, i use Eset security center ) and transfer data , play game ...on it ?

A. Set up router using WPA security. On computer go to "Connect to", choose wireless, enter password. Do this to every wireless labtop. Change to network setting to where all the pc's are in the same workgroup and have different names. Do this by going to Start icon, right click COMPUTER, choose properties, on that window there an area that say computer name, domain and workgroup name. press the change settings highlighted in blue change the name and workgroup and restart.

how much hdd do you need to run win vista?
Q. I was just at the computer store and was trying out Win. Vista when I noticed the massive HDD. Why?
How much HDD and Memory is neede to run Win. Vista?

A. Vista is only 7 point some odd gigs of data for the 64 bit Ultimate version. So it doesn't necessarilly need a HUGE HDD. However in todays world where most programs, photos, music ect. are in the megabyte range it's not long before the normal average person has gigs upon gigs (BILLIONS) of data stored, not to forget about the "D" partiton used for backup and recovery. The Minimum Vista version requires 512MB of ram but I guarantee you the worst experience "EVER" with that amount. 1 gig will do but 2 is MUCH better, the more the merrier with RAM on any PC. I have a very high end PC and when I use others PC's I absolutely HATE them for thier slowness. I got spoiled!

How long should it take to uncompress a 3gig zip file (min/max) with intel duo core processer and win vista?
Q. I have a 3 gig zip file that I compressed using windows standard compression on an XP machine (took 40 minutes to compress). I migrated the file to my new computer Intel Duo Core Processor with Win Vista running - its still running after 3 hours? Is this what is to be expected?

A. Wow, that's too long friend. I just unzipped a file that was 3.1GB's and it took 12 mins. I'm running on a AMD 64x Dual Core, Vista installed. It may be different with Intel, I personally have always felt AMD was faster, but it can't be by as much as you claim. Something is wrong with either the zip file, or your computer being slowed down by some other force such as spyware or a virus.



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment